At the Obesity Center for Surgery and Treatment, we want our patients to have as much information and support as possible. This philosophy applies to the time prior to surgery when patients are learning about their options, and it applies in the months following surgery. We offer information sessions on a regular basis for patients prior to surgery. We offer support sessions for patients following surgery. We recommend patients use everything we offer because information and support is critical to a successful weight loss journey.
Weight Loss Surgery Support Group Meeting
Your success as a weight loss surgery patient is important to us. The sharing of good and helpful information is important whether you are exploring your weight loss options, a new patient, a long term patient, or trying to get back on track.
- When: Tuesday, August 9th, 2022 – 6:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm)
- Topic: How DO I See Myself? How Do Others See Me? A discussion on body image and weight bias.
- Leaders: Dr. Kayla Anthony and Dr. Almari Ginory
- In-person: Medical Arts Building, 6400 Newberry Road, Suite 104
- Seats are limited so RSVP is necessary. Masks are required.
- RSVP: (352) 331-5255 or Register for WLS Support Group Meeting on Line
Weight Loss Surgery Seminar
A free bariatric seminar is one of the first steps on the road to having surgery. This in person seminar will offer a thorough overview of our program, the process, treatment options including endoscopic and surgical procedures, as well as what to expect before, during and after surgery.
- When: Third Saturday of each Month: Aug 20, Sept 17, Oct 15, Nov 19, Dec 17.
- Instructor: Susan Kay R.N., CBN, MBSCR
- Location: HCA Florida North Florida Hospital – Medical Arts Building – Wound Care Lobby – 6400 Newberry Road, Suite 104
- Doors open at 9:30am. All classes start at 10am.
- Class limited to 14 including guests so RSVP is mandatory. Masks are mandatory.
- RSVP: (352) 331-5255 or Register for Weight Loss Surgery Seminar Online Now.